Dr Svenja Fritzlar
Department of Microbiology
- "Mouse Norovirus Infection Arrests Host Cell Translation Uncoupled from the Stress Granule-PKR-eIF2? Axis". mBio (2019)
- "Downregulation of MHC class I expression by influenza A and B viruses." Frontiers in immunology 10 (2019).
- "The Microtubule-Associated Innate Immune Sensor GEF-H1 Does Not Influence Mouse Norovirus Replication in Murine Macrophages." Viruses 11.1 (2019): 47.
- "Mouse Norovirus infection reduces the surface expression of MHC class I proteins and inhibits CD8+ T cell recognition and activation." Journal of virology (2018): JVI-00286.
- Best poster presentation award, Australasian Virology Society Meeting, Glenelg, (December 2017)
Research ActivitiesI am interested in host pathogen interactions, specifically how the host counteracts viral infections and how viruses evade the host immune response.
- Immunofluorescence microscopy
- Reporter assays
- Immunoblot analysis
- Flow cytometry
- Tissue culture