A/Prof Neil O'Brien-Simpson
Melbourne Dental School
University of Melbourne
- Host repsonse to bacterial outer membrane vesicles (OMVs)
- Vaccine design and development - synthetic peptides and recombinant proteins
- Evaluation of the host response to bacterial oral infection
- Role of γδT cells, NKT cells and innate immune cells in bacterial oral infection
- Antimicrobial peptide development.
- Nanomaterials for vaccine delivery.
- Nanomaterials as antimicrobial compounds
- Peptide synthesis and modification, HPLC etc.
- Flow cytometry, Bioplex, MACS and FACS sorting, T cell proliferation, cytokine assays (ELISPOT, Bioplex), cell culture (T cells and subsets, B cells, macrophages, epithelial, endothelial etc)
Collaborations2. Prof Dale Godfrey (Dept Immunology and Microbiology, University of Melbourne).
3. Prof Malcolm McConville (Dept Biochemistry, University of Melbourne)1
Prof John Wade (Howard Florey Institute)
Prof Greg Qiao (Dept Engineering, University of Melbourne)
Dr Maria Liaskos
Prof Frances Separovic
A/Prof Andrea O'Connor
Prof Stuart Dashper
Disease ModelsBacterial induced bone loss
bacterial induced peritonitis
Genetically Modified Organismsαβ-TCR-/-, γδTCR-/-, IL-4-/-, IL-13-/-
Other Lab MembersMs Yan Tan (Research assistant)
Dr Jason Lenzo
Dr James Holden
Mr William Singleton
Dr Alexis Gonzalez